.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Prior Knowledge

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Blogger Problems

A quick warning to my fellow contributors: the Blogger system is notoriously unreliable, and has a nasty habit of eating your posts rather than publishing them. The cost of a free service, I suppose. Anyway, I strongly recommend copying your post to the clipboard (press ctrl-A then ctrl-C in the text editor) before pressing the 'publish' button. That way if something goes wrong, you can just 'paste' your work back in again, rather than having to start from scratch.

Update: Blogger's new recover post feature might also help out here.

1 Comments:

  • I do this routinely - because it's also *slow*, I usually have a chance to do it when I see the system being unresponsive. However, Cool URLs do not change , and so I am not moving. Perhaps I would have been better off publishing via ftp to my own site, which would let me move software offerings at will. However, using blogger gives me a sufficiently memorable URL, divorced from my own website which gives better redundancy, and gives the blog its own branding.

    But if you're new, I'd pick typepad or something else that's not blogger.com. I just hope Google will pick up their skirts a bit and improve the system someday.

    3/30/2005 05:22:00 PM  

Add a comment

<< Home